Rookie Pen Pals Round 2!
[EDIT]: The deadline has passed, and I am no longer accepting submissions for pen pals. I’ll reopen it again soon, so keep your eyes peeled! Thank you, everyone, for your enthusiasm and interest about this project!
Hello, Rookies! It’s time for another round of Rookie pen pals!
Rookie pen pals is pretty much just what it sounds like. I will match you with another Rookie reader so you can exchange letters/emails, get to know each other and become best friends!! I did this once before, and it worked out great; I had more than 30 people participate! I prefer to write actual letters, but if you don’t want to give out your mailing address, or spend money on postage, you have the option of communicating via email. So that I can match people who have things in common and whatnot, I will need some information about you such as
- Your name
- Postal/email address (If you do not provide a postal address, I will assume that you want to communicate via email.)
- A bio to give your pen pal an idea of what you like to talk about and who you are. The more information you put here, the better!
- Feel free to include a link to your blog/youtube channel/etc.
- Anything else you’d like your pen pal to know about you
- If you know anyone who’s participating, tell me their name(s) so I don’t match you up with someone you already know!
- Send me an email with “Rookie pen pals” in the subject line to email@example.com (I’m using a different email address than last time.)
The deadline to submit your info and get a pen pal is Tuesday, June 18th. You will not have your pen pal on that day. I will have to read every submission and match everyone, so you should receive an email with your pen pal’s info by the end of that week.
In addition to using this information to match you with a pen pal, I’ll send it to your pen pal so that you two can get a conversation going.
Please make sure that when you email me your information, you send it from an email address that you actually check, because I will send the contact info for your new pen pal to the email address you contact me from.
You can help me out by reblogging this post so as many Rookies as possible will see it!
I love doing this, because it’s a great way to connect Rookie readers to each other, meet new people, and learn about other cultures!
If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send me an ask.
For updates, you can track the tag “rookie pen pals” or follow me.
If you are seeing this post and you don’t know what Rookie is, it’s an amazing website for teen girls written by wonderful people, and it can be enjoyed and obsessed over here.