Rookie Pen Pals
ROOKIE PEN PALS IS CLOSED AS OF DECEMBER 2013.
Rookie Pen Pals is closed indefinitely, but will be reopened at some point in the future. I just started a new extracurricular that will take up more time than my job and requires a fair amount of traveling, and I just don’t have time to keep up with pen pal requests right now. You can keep checking this page or “#rookie pen pals” for updates, because this is temporary.
I would still like to compile a photoset of letters to send to Rookie. If you would like your letter to be featured, email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. A .jpeg works best. Do not email me with a pen pal request, as those emails will not be opened.
- Ask your pen pal’s permission before sending something they’ve written
- Send pictures of cool stuff like: foreign stamps, drawings, stickers, cute handwriting, awesome things your pen pal has written, etc.
- Include a to/from with your and your pen pal’s first names only.
- If possible, scan your letters instead of photographing them.
- If you want to send images of an entire letter, that’s fine. If you want to send a few words, or just a doodle in a margin, that’s fine too.
- Send anything with an address or last name on it. I will be sending these photos to Rookie in the hopes that they will publish them, and I can’t send anything with your personal information.
- Send me an image of a letter without telling your pen pal you sent it. Just send them an email explaining what you’re doing with the image attached and ask their permission. If you’ve lost your pen pal’s email, send an email to email@example.com with your name and their name, and I can give you their email address. Be patient if you email me.
If you emailed me before today (Dec. 25, 2013) with a pen pal request, you should have already received contact information. If you have not, email me your information again, but please be patient.
I am so happy that all of you guys contacted me and made this project possible. I love hearing from you and seeing the awesome things you create.